SDM Full Form: What Does SDM Stand For?
Do you want to know what is full form of SDM is? Then, here you will come to know what Does SDM stand for? Also all possible Full Form of SDM.
SDM Full Form
The term SDM has many full forms, but out of which most relevant full form is-
SDM Full Form is – Sub Divisional Magistrate
The full form of SDM is “Sub Divisional Magistrate. SDM is a state-level officer who has a lot of functions and confers many special powers to SDM.
What is SDM
SDM is a very important officer of the district; SDM is mainly responsible for the administration, development, judiciary, and maintenance of its district and the maintenance of law and order, tearing shells, and curfew. It can also allow for further legal work; in addition to this, SDM also performs many tasks such as creating result letters, issuing marriage letters, etc.
Qualification to become an SDM
To become SDM, one must have a bachelor’s degree from any recognized university, and you can appear in the SDM exam only after you do Graduation.
Age Limit for Becoming SDM
There are different age limits for different categories of people to become SDM, which is given below: –
- If you come in a general category, your minimum age should be 21 years, and the maximum age should be 40 years.
- If you fall in the OBC category, your minimum age should be 21 years and maximum age 45.
- If you fall in SC / ST category, your minimum age should be 21 years and maximum age 45.
- If you fall in the category of Divyang, then your minimum age should be 21 years and maximum age 55 years.
How to become SDM
The post of SDM is one of the top high-rank posts of the State Administrative Service. In society, SDM also enjoys a dignified life with respect. Every state conducts an examination in administrative services for the selection of SDM. There are two ways to get SDM Post.
1. Union Public Service Commission (UPSC): The first way to become an SDM, i.e., Sub Divisional Magistrate, is to clear the UPSC exam. Firstly, graduation studies must be completed. You can graduate from any subject. After passing the UPSC exam, the IAS Officer initially gets the post of SDM. They can become DM after a few years.
2. State PSC Exam: The second way to become a Sub-Divisional Judge goes through the State PSC Examination. To sit in this exam, you must complete your Graduation. After giving the State PSC Exam, if you come in the top rank, then after training, you can directly apply SDM. After a few years, you can become a DM on promotion.
If someone clears the PSC exam, then his name is not included in the Top Rank even if he has a chance to become an SDM. After clearing the state PSC exam, the post of Naib Tehsildar gets, and after 10-20 years, promotion can become SDM.
Selection Process to Become SDM
Candidates are selected in three stages to becoming an SDM: –
- Preliminary exam
- Main Examination
1. Preliminary Exam
General knowledge-based questions are asked in two stages in the preliminary examination, which is 200-200 marks, and the candidate must get at least 33% marks to pass the preliminary examination.
Only those who have passed the main examination can be interviewed; the applicant’s qualification is assessed in the interview; during the interview, your interviewee panel has to assure that you are fully qualified for this post. They can perform this responsibility well, and in this interview, a total of 200 marks are determined, if you pass in the interview, you are selected for the post of SDM.
What is the Function of SDM
SDM is an enormous post; the officer appointed to the position has many rights, which are given below: –
- SDM also elects members of Rajya Sabha and Lok Sabha in the district.
- If any woman dies within seven years of marriage, the SDM has the right to conduct a private investigation.
- SDM also registers all the marriages that take place in the district.
- The SDM audits the land of the district.
- Issuance of different types of statutory certificates along with Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes, and all other backward classes along with local nationality, etc., as well as registration of property documents, is also done by SDM.
- SDM controls all the tehsildars working in those tehsils in the district in which the SDM is functioning.
- Issuing certificates is also the responsibility of the SDM.
SDM salary and meeting and facilities
SDM is a high-rank government post. SDM also gets a lot of respect along with a good salary. SDM Officer salary ranges between 50 thousand to 1 lakh. SDM gets several other benefits along with salary, which is given below.
- A house to live like a government at no cost or a nominal price.
- Along with the house, there are also security guards and servants for the housework.
- The state provides high-class accommodation for the stay during the travel for government work.
- The Sub Divisional Magistrate gets a driver along with the official vehicle.
- The spouse of the SDM also receives a pension.
- Mobile connection whose bills are also paid by the government.
SDM Full Form in Police
What Does SDM Stand For?
SDM stands for – Software Development Manager
What is Full Forms of SDM
Now, here is the complete Full-Form list of the term SDM.
|Sr. No.||Term||Category||SDM Full Form|
|1||SDM||Occupation - India||Sub Divisional Magistrate|
|2||SDM||Airport||Brown Field Municipal Airport|
|3||SDM||Nuclear||Safety Design Matrices|
|5||SDM||Sale||Sales and Distribution Management|
|6||SDM||Marketing||Sales Driven Marketing|
|9||SDM||Information Technology||Scalable Debug Manager|
|10||SDM||Politics||Scenario Development Message|
|11||SDM||Medical||School of Dental Medicine|
|12||SDM||Technology||Scientific Data Management|
|13||SDM||Science||Secondary Deployment Mechanism|
|14||SDM||Management||Security Device Manager|
|15||SDM||Service||Security Distributing & Marketing|
|16||SDM||Marketing||Security Distributing and Marketing|
|17||SDM||Radiology||Seed-based D Mapping|
|18||SDM||Military||Selective Display Model|
|19||SDM||Uncategorized||Self Destructive Message|
|20||SDM||Anthropology||Semantic Differential Method|
|21||SDM||Engineering||Semi dynamic method|
|22||SDM||Automotive Systems||Sensing and Diagnostic Module|
|23||SDM||Technology||Sensing Diagnostic Mode|
|24||SDM||Automotive||Sensing Diagnostic Module|
|25||SDM||Uncategorized||SENSIPLUS Deep Machine|
|26||SDM||Technology||Sensor Diagnostic Module|
|27||SDM||Uncategorized||Sequential Deep Matching|
|28||SDM||Uncategorized||Serial Device Manager|
|29||SDM||Military||Service Decision Memorandum|
|30||SDM||Information Technology||Service Delivery Management|
|31||SDM||Management||Service Desk Manager|
|34||SDM||Medical||Shared Decision Making|
|35||SDM||Uncategorized||Ship Docking Module|
|36||SDM||Medical||Shoppers Drug Mart|
|37||SDM||Technology||Short Data Message|
|38||SDM||Military||Shut Down Maintenance|
|39||SDM||Computer Science||Shuttle Data Management|
|41||SDM||Brain||Signed Differential Mapping|
|42||SDM||Photography||Silent Drive Motor|
|43||SDM||Medical||Single Delay Model|
|44||SDM||Site||Site Directed Mutagenesis|
|46||SDM||Uncategorized||Smart Display Module|
|48||SDM||Psychology||Social Development Model|
|49||SDM||Information Technology||Software Delivery Machine|
|50||SDM||Management||Software Delivery Management|
|51||SDM||Information Technology||Software Deployment Manager|
|52||SDM||SAP||Software Development Manager|
|53||SDM||Engineering||Software Development Methodology|
|54||SDM||Development||Software Development Models|
|55||SDM||Technology||Space Division Multiplex|
|56||SDM||Uncategorized||Space Division Multiplexer|
|57||SDM||Medical||Space Division Multiplexing|
|58||SDM||Medical||Sparse Distributed Memory|
|59||SDM||Technology||Spatial Data Management|
|60||SDM||Educational||Spatial Data Modelling|
|61||SDM||Technology||Spatial Division Multiplexing|
|62||SDM||Model||Spatial Durbin Model|
|63||SDM||Space Technology||Speaker Drive Module|
|64||SDM||Uncategorized||Specially Designated Merchant|
|65||SDM||Distribution||Species Distribution Model|
|66||SDM||Uncategorized||Species Distribution Modelling|
|67||SDM||Educational||Specific Device Model for SAB|
|68||SDM||Rifle||Squad Designated Marksman|
|69||SDM||Uncategorized||Stack Division Multiplexing|
|70||SDM||Medical||Staged Diabetes Management|
|71||SDM||Medical||Standard Days Method|
|72||SDM||Uncategorized||Standard Dialog Manager|
|73||SDM||Technology||Standardization Design Memorandum|
|74||SDM||Cardiology||Standardized Difference in Means|
|75||SDM||Hydrology||Station Duty Manual|
|76||SDM||Technology||Statistical Delta Modulation|
|77||SDM||Bioengineering||Steepest Descent Method|
|78||SDM||Medical||Structured Decision Making|
|79||SDM||Medical||Submission Data Model|
|81||SDM||Computing||System Development Multitasking|
|82||SDM||Dynamics||System Dynamics Model|
|83||SDM||Software||Systems Development Method|
I hope you get what you want to know about SDM. If you want to know the full forms of other term, then please ask by comments or email. Your valuable comments are always welcome.